Welcome to the Honors Colloquium Leader Application.
Each year, the University Honors Program invites incoming Honors students to participate in our Honors Colloquium. The Colloquium provides a common intellectual experience for new Honors students and introduces students to the opportunities at Florida State. The colloquium leaders serve as mentors to our incoming students and lead small breakout sessions every other week, designed to help students reflect and pursue goals using information from the bimonthly lecture sessions.
Applications to teach in Fall 2020 are now open! To get started, please select the "Sign in with FSUID" button on the right to access the application.
The Honors Colloquium course is designed to introduce first-year FSU Honors students to the Honors program, campus resources, and amazing opportunities. As an Honors Colloquium Leader, you would create lesson plans for and facilitate bi-weekly breakout sessions for a group of first year students. We are looking for about 40 Honors Colloquium Leaders to serve for Fall 2020.
- Be in good standing with the FSU Honors Program
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Attend a for-credit weekly training course to be held in Spring 2020. Classes will be taught on Tuesday or Thurday morning from 8-9:15 am. Section assignments will be scheduled once selections are made.
- Attend additional trainings to be held in Fall 2020.
- Attend all Honors Colloquium large lectures and breakout sessions in Fall 2020
- Create and facilitate bi-weekly breakout sessions in Fall 2020
- Hold one one-on-one meetings with each of the students in your breakout session
What does the application look like?
The application consists of two sections:
- Applicant information
- Written responses
What is the timeline for this experience?
Applications close Sunday, October 27 at 11:59 pm
Selection and waitlist invitations will be sent Friday, November 1
Other things to keep in mind:
Applications must be complete for consideration.
Completion of an application does not guarantee a position offer.